Life in the Sunflower State

Life in the Sunflower State
"Well Fuffle, we're still in Kansas"

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I have been in "Baja" or Rosarita Mexico for the past several days. God has surely multiplied the time, because the team of 80 that i am with has built a church, a house, a school house, thrown a fiesta (sports games, face painting, a clown with balloons, arts and crafts, etc.) where we fed 500 locals, street evangelized, worshipped God, eaten a bunch, taken a 40 minute bus ride to and from the site, well... this could go on and on.
Let me tell you about what God has done in my lil ol life. My prayers were that I would become selfless, see people changed for Christ, and for an urgency to burn in me that I'll be able to take home. My prayers have been answered already and the best day is yet to come (tomorrow we hand the keys of the church to the Pastor). God has shown me His love for me through a 5 years old named Kevin. While visiting the school, I had the honor of drawing pictures with a kindergarten class. After about 20 minutes of doing my best at sign language- having no clue what these precious children were saying to me and them having no clue what I was saying- I asked La Lo, the translator, to let Kevin know I wasn't ignoring him but that I simply couldn't respond. La Lo did, and then asked if there was anything Kevin wanted to tell me... he wanted to tell me that he loved me! This was enough for me- my trip was already made worth while.
And today, Kevin and his mom were at the fiesta! God is good, all the time! And He loves all His creation!

Well, I've had one of the hugest days of my life... I am going to rest, but there is more to come. And pictures once I get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment