Life in the Sunflower State

Life in the Sunflower State
"Well Fuffle, we're still in Kansas"

Friday, January 14, 2011

Real world, baby!

ok, so things are changing and I am hanging on for dear life. My emotions have been a lil raw(well, super raw) lately... I think it has something to do with my sobriety/ sold out to Jesus Birthday coming up. January 21st will mark 5 years that I have been alive in Christ and victorious over addictions- all Glory to God.

On the other hand, there is a ton of transition in and all around my life. For example- It's my second semester at ECU as a campus minister, but first ever Spring semester. My bossman, Nick Jones and his wife have recently taken on being the National Directors of Every Nation Campus Ministries, so Blake has rised up to be the director of Victory Campus Ministries. Nick and Heather will have their 3rd child in the next couple of weeks, a baby girl! Blake and Michelle are having a baby girl in several months, while Alan and Melissa will have a baby boy in several months. This matters because we are a small and tight nit team.

Our Pastor explained how this season of pressure and change is going to be like the transition that occurs in child birth. We're essentially going from the comfort of the womb... through the birth canal (OUCH!!!), to the REAL world! When he said that it's going to be "rocky", Laura noticed that the muscle near my temple began to twitch and pulsate. That was in direct correlation to my thoughts of, "OH, I tought I was experienceing ROCKY... if this isn't rocky..."

Speaking of babies, my brother is getting ready to have a second son and I am very excited for his family. Super excited to meet my new nephew!
And one of my great friends from college is pregnant which is far beyond exciting! It's an awesome testimony of God and His goodness, I'll share one day if she gives me permission! I cannot wait to meet her little baby, or possibly twins! hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment